At Faith UCC Church, we are very concerned for the privacy of our members and friends. There are four areas of concern: names of persons, identifying information, images, and protecting minor children. In addition, our church facility is used by many ‘outside’ groups whose privacy we also wish to respect. We are working within the following guidelines:
1. We will not publish any information about members and friends unless approved by the individual
2. We will provide a hardcopy form to all members and friends to grant or deny permission for the use of their names, identifying information, or pictures. Contact the church office for a copy of the form.
3. We will not publish pictures of any minor child on our website unless we have written permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. We will provide a hardcopy form to all parents and guardians to receive their general (good until revoked) or specific (for single use) consent before using pictures of their child.
4. We assume that we may publish pictures of adult members, friends, and event participants on our website without obtaining permission from the person.
5. With the exception of church staff, we will identify persons only by first name unless we have permission to use the whole name.
6. If any person objects to the inclusion of their name, identifying information, or picture on our website, we will remove it within 24 hours of notice to the church office.