At Faith UCC Church, we are very concerned for the privacy of our members and friends. There are four areas of concern: names of persons, identifying information, images, and protecting minor children. In addition, our church facility is used by many ‘outside’ groups whose privacy we also wish to respect. We are working within the following guidelines:
1. We will not publish any information about members and friends unless approved by the individual
2. We will provide a hardcopy form to all members and friends to grant or deny permission for the use of their names, identifying information, or pictures. Contact the church office for a copy of the form.
3. We will not publish pictures of any minor child on our website unless we have written permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. We will provide a hardcopy form to all parents and guardians to receive their general (good until revoked) or specific (for single use) consent before using pictures of their child.
4. We assume that we may publish pictures of adult members, friends, and event participants on our website without obtaining permission from the person.
5. With the exception of church staff, we will identify persons only by first name unless we have permission to use the whole name.
6. If any person objects to the inclusion of their name, identifying information, or picture on our website, we will remove it within 24 hours of notice to the church office.
Right to access, correct and delete data and to object to data processing
Our Congregation has the right to access, correct and delete personal data relating to them, and to object to the processing of such data, by addressing a written request, at any time. Faith United Church of Christ makes every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties. However, Faith Church does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns the Site users of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet. The Site may include links to other web sites or other internet sources. As Faith Church cannot control these web sites and external sources, Faith Church cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these web sites and external sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services or any other material available on or from these web sites or external sources.